The U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) centrally manages Regular Army (RA) and US Army Reserve (USAR) Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Soldiers’ attendance at the Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), and Master Leader Course (MLC).
Priority 1. Soldiers who have been temporarily promoted after 1 January 2021 without required professional military education (PME). This does not include exception to policy (ETP) promotions prior to 1 January 2021.
(1) Soldiers in Priority 1 previously deferred for operational, compassionate, or medical reasons.
(2) Temporary promotions after 1 January 2021 are Priority 1 due to having a set timeframe to complete PME or face a reduction in rank.
(1) Specialist (SPC)/Sergeants (SGT) on a promotion recommended list: Highest promotion points to SGT or SSG are scheduled first for their respective BLC or ALC.
(2) SSG/SFC on an OML stemming from an approved Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Evaluation Board: Scheduled for SLC and MLC, respectively, by OML number.
(3) Soldiers in Priority 2 previously deferred for operational, compassionate, or medical reasons.
Priority 3. Soldiers promoted as an ETP. These Soldiers are required to complete PME prior to entering the primary zone of consideration to the next rank.
Priority 4. Soldiers deferred for failure to meet course standards, no-shows, or disciplinary reasons.
Priority 5. Train ahead Soldiers (not in a promotable status or on an OML) who can be scheduled for class that do not meet priority 1-4 criteria or when there are not additional Soldiers with an OML number.
Read MILPER Message 21-314, NCOES Course Scheduling Procedures for more information.