U.S. Army Human Resources Command (HRC) centrally manages Regular Army (RA) and U.S. Army Reserve Active Guard Reserve (AGR) Soldiers’ attendance at the Basic Leader Course (BLC) (for AGR only), Advanced Leader Course (ALC), Senior Leader Course (SLC), and Master Leader Course (MLC).
BLC scheduling: BLC is scheduled at installation level for RA Soldiers and scheduled by HRC for AGR Soldiers. Effective immediately, AGR BLC scheduling priorities are:
- Priority 1. Soldiers promoted to SGT through an approved exception to policy (ETP)
- Priority 2. SPC/CPL promotable:
- (1) Serving in a shortage military occupational specialty (MOS) as identified by the HRC AGR promotion team.
- (2) Who met the cut off score.
- (3) With promotion points (highest to lowest).
- Priority 3. In order to fill all BLC training seats, non-promotable SPC/CPL with demonstrated leadership potential may attend BLC only when all higher order of merit list (OML) categories are exhausted.
ALC, SLC and MLC scheduling priorities:
- Priority 1. Soldiers promoted through an approved ETP.
- Priority 2. HRC will schedule Soldiers beginning with the highest promotion points (SSG) or lowest sequence/OML number (SFC or MSG).
- Priority 3. All promotable Soldiers identified for deployment, short tour, or unit rotation prior to the event provided the Soldier would have otherwise been scheduled during such deployment, short tour, or unit rotation.
- Priority 4. Soldiers in the legacy backlog deemed at risk for Qualitative Management Program (QMP) consideration.
- Priority 5. Soldiers who were promoted without the requisite NCOES course and have less than 37 months time in grade.
- Priority 6. Train ahead Soldiers are defined as those who are not in a promotable status and do not meet priority 1-5 but can be scheduled for class in order to ensure classes are conducted at optimized capacity.
HRC conducts quality control checks 30-45 days from the report date to the NCOES course. Any Soldier who is not fully qualified to attend at that time will be administratively deferred from the course and will require a DA Form 4187 signed by the first GO (or SES equivalent) with CMCA in the Soldier’s chain of command to be rescheduled.
- NCOPDS HRC (Schools Branch) Site –> Here
- MILPER Messages 20-040, NCOES Course Scheduling Procedures