- Be a United States citizen by birth or naturalization or a permanent resident alien.
- Have a minimum general technical (GT) score of 95 with a skilled-technical score of 95. (waiver authorized for GT and ST Score below 90).
- Be at least 21 years old, but not more than 39 years old at time of selection (waiver authorized to age 45).
- Be a sergeant (SGT), SSG, or SFC. At time of selection, have no less than 4 years time in service and no more than 9 years time in service if a SGT, no more than 15 years time in service if a SSG, or no more than 16 years time in service if a SFC (waiver authorized).
- Have completed 1 year of service since reclassification per AR 614–200 dated (26 Feb 09) (waiver not authorized).
- Meet the screening table or body fat standards of AR 600–9 dated (28 June 13) (waiver not authorized).
- Have a minimum physical profile of 132221. (waiver authorized).
- Soldiers may not have a shaving profile (waiver not authorized).
- Have a mental evaluation statement not older than 6 months verifying that the Soldier has no record of emotional or mental instability. This evaluation must be based on a personal interview and screening of health records by a qualified mental health care provider (waiver not authorized).
- Possess a valid civilian driver’s license.
- Possess excellent military appearance and bearing and have no obvious distracting physical abnormalities or mannerisms.
- Tattoos must be in compliance with AR 670–1 dated (10 Apr 15). (waiver authorized)
- Not currently be, or have not been, in the past 36 months, enrolled in a drug or alcohol dependency intervention program of any type (waiver not authorized).
- Not be pregnant at time of attendance at the ARC (waiver not authorized).
- Never been the subject of adjudication (including proceedings under the provisions of Article 15, Uniform Code of Military Justice) or had adverse action taken by any authority for any offense that involves moral turpitude, regardless of sentence received or any offense under the UCMJ for which confinement of 2 years or more may be adjudged. (waiver not authorized).
- All Soldiers must be screened against the National Sex Offender Registry database by agency that currently conducts background screening on potential recruiters.
- Have no history of domestic violence or assault, or marital, emotional, or major medical problems (to include immediate Family) that would hamper performance on recruiting duty. (waiver authorized).
- Not be a sole parent or guardian (waiver authorized with strong documentation supporting good finances and family care plan).
- Be financially stable, have not filed a petition claiming bankruptcy within the last 3 years, and not currently be responsible for making any payments as a result of any such action (waiver authorized with strong documentation supporting good finances).
- Have at least 3 years time in service remaining following the completion of the ARC.
The CG, USAREC is the waiver approval authority for recruiter selection criteria.
Are You Interested In Being An Army Recruiter?
Please email your locally assigned USAREC Division Outreach NCO your recruiter packet.
Fore more information: https://recruiting.army.mil/recruiter/