UPDATE: High School Stabilization

IAW AR 614-200, Soldiers with Family members in high school may request stabilization from Permanent Change of Station (PCS) movement during the child’s senior year.

The intent of the program is to provide stability to Soldiers with Family members in their junior and senior years of high school.

MILPER Message 20-420, Soldiers will apply no earlier than March of the student’s freshman year and no later than the start of the student’s sophomore year or September 30th, whichever is later.

Click image to view message

This application window also applies to students in year round schooling programs.  A letter of lateness (signed by the first O5 in their chain of command) is required for requests submitted after September.

HRC will carefully consider late requests on a case-by-case basis, however stabilization request will not be accepted past November of the student’s junior year.

The information contained in the above MILPER Message (20-420) has been converted to the Human Resources Command Web Content Management Tool and is available at https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/10934.

Enlisted Point of Contact is Enlisted Procedures and Soldier Actions Branch usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.epmd-psa-branch@mail.mil or (502) 613-5853.

Officer Points of contact is Officer Policy, Procedures and Special Actions, OPM-P, at DSN 983-6829, commercial (502) 613-6829, or email usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.opmd-msd-ppsab-policy@mail.mil